job vacancy - uniform shop manager
About the Uniform Shop:
The Churchlands Senior High School (CSHS) Uniform Shop is operated by the CSHS Parents and Citizens’ Association Inc (the P&C) which is an incorporated association run by a voluntary group of parents to promote the interests of the school.
The uniform shop supports an extremely large school and is a critical business, essential to the school experience for nearly 3,000 students.
Benefits & Rewards:
- Above award pay rate
- Rewarding part-time casual role
- Opportunity to further develop and continue to improve procedures/processes
- Established reliable team of retail staff
- Parking included
About the role:
As the Uniform Shop Manager, you are responsible for managing the uniform shop and its casual staff and volunteers while providing quality affordable clothing that is locally manufactured (where possible), whilst providing excellent and friendly service to the students and wider school community. In addition to this, you are required to monitor stock levels to maximise cash flow as well as monitoring expenses within the budget to achieve agreed outcomes.
The uniform shop is open during the term on:
- Tuesdays from 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Thursdays from 12:30pm – 6:00pm
With online store sales to process, admin tasks and banking, the Uniform Shop Manager would need flexibility to be in the shop at least 30 min before and after each day of trade, as well as flexibility to perform some admin tasks outside of trade days as necessary each week. The role is for approximately 15-20 hours per week in total during a standard trading week.
During peak times such as the bulk new student uniform fittings in November and before the start of a new school year, you need to be flexible and available to work approximately 30+ hours a week where the uniform shop will be open up to 6 days per week including Saturdays, afternoon and evenings for appointment only fittings.
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive with excellent problem-solving skills
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven successful experience as a store manager/management role
- Customer service experience
- Team leadership experience
- IT Savvy ideally experienced in using Vend and Shopify or similar
- Experienced in excel and word
- Budget management experience
- Supplier management experience
The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Clearance and obtain a Working with Children Check.
If you meet the above criteria, please email a detailed cover letter which clearly demonstrates your experience meeting the required attributes, skills and experience required, along with your CV to:
The Uniform Shop Coordinator
0403 308 444
Applications close 14 August 2019, interviews will commence 19 August 2019, and the role is expected to commence at the end of August for a four-week training and handover induction with the current uniform manager.